Pages

Jul 12, 2008

A little bit of catching up to do....

Ok, it feels like I haven't been able to post for quite some time, and a lot has happened in the last week. What follows is a brief synopsis of the last week's events:

When last I posted, I was complaining about having to shave while on vacation. Dennis and I figured not shaving was our little rebellion, a way of sticking to the man, and in the end our respective spouses acquiesced to our requests. Now, having said that, my wife so tactfully pointed out that my goatee was very characteristic of a 12 year old. Even under her brutal assault, I still maintained my determination to stick to the man, and kept the goatee neatly trimmed all week.

The trip down was uneventful. it was a suburban with 4 adults and 4 kids. We were a little crowded but otherwise we got down there with no issues.

The happiest place on earth was generally happy. All of the adults generally kept our cool. There were times when tempers were a little short, but no feelings were hurt (that I know of) and over all there were no complaints. The parks were fairly crowded, but we made use of the fast pass feature and generally didn't have to wait longer than about 20 minutes for most rides.

The San Diego was a nice zoo. Its rather large and there is quite a diversity of animal species. It was a nice, slow paced walk. The kids really enjoyed it all together.

Then we drove home. An all nighter. We got home in about 14 hours, which we thought wasn't that bad.

So, having said all that, I'll be making some individual posts about various aspects of the trip over the next couple fo days. the first will be tonight, when I get home. I am intending on making a slide show of the trip, and the pictures from Disneyland have been posted to Flickr. Check it out as you can.

Thanks for tuning in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You went to all the trouble to get yourself here, you might as well say something about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails