Pages

Jul 4, 2008

Facial hair, and a lack thereof...

I have to shave. Its required at work. Apparently there is some sort of OSHA regulation that says if you work in a an environment where a Self Contained Breathing Apperatus could be used you can not have facial hair. A mustache is ok, but goatees and beards are out of the question.

By it self, this rule really isn't that bad. I mean, I have been shaving since I was 16 or 17. I have never had a beard, and I don't think I would even want one. But a goatee might be nice.

Sadly, even at a time like now, when I am on vacation, a goatee (what I would consider one of those luxeries only afforded to one who is on vacation; where the rules of work no longer apply, even if only for a brief time) is generally denied me.

Why? I would guess it has to do with genes. DNA, maybe? But the sad fact is, even when I don't shave for a week it barely looks like I have a little shadow to my face. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that my facial hair is fairly blonde in color. So even after a week of not shaving, the results are nothing to really write home about.

So here I sit, over a week off in total, and I packed my razor in my suitcase. Not because "The Man" tells me I have to shave, but really because I tend to look rather rediculous if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You went to all the trouble to get yourself here, you might as well say something about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails