Pages

Dec 23, 2007

Broken, Again

Well, I don't know what to say right now. Here I am, the picture courtesy of Delia's camera phone, at the urgent care center. My ailment? An ankle problem of some sort. As many people who know me know, I have always had ankle problems. Well, here I am, a victim of circumstances.


I wish that I had a picture of the doctor who saw me this afternoon, and if I did I would draw little red horns coming out of her forehead. All I wanted was a cortisone shot, but she refused to give it to me, saying the swelling looked like it might be caused by infection (interestingly enough, she did not prescribe antibiotics). So now I don't know what to do with myself.
Here in this photo you can see that I am realizing that I will have to call in sick to work tonight. Now this wouldn't be so bad under any other circumstances. But last night, at work, I was limping around pretty badly. And there was quite a bit of razzing going on that I was simply playing up so that I had something to base a sick day on. So now here I am, as you can see, pouting at my situation. There doesn't seem to be anything to do about it except sit here and get over it.
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. We are looking forward to that. There will be all sorts of joviality tomorrow and more posting to come.

6 comments:

  1. Perhaps a visit to your regular doctor is in order???

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest problem is I don't have a regular doctor. This is something I know I need to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't Iver give you a cortisone shot???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, Thats a GREAT idea and loads better than the stocking stuffer I had planned! I need a needle for that... right?

    ReplyDelete

You went to all the trouble to get yourself here, you might as well say something about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails