Pages

Sep 12, 2008

Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of my life....

So, I don't watch soaps. In fact, I loath them. I remember as a child mom used to watch them. It amazes me that people still do. There are a couple ladies at work who routinely take their lunch break and watch soaps in the conference room. To each their own I guess.

But it does seem like time has been going by rather quickly though. It was almost 2 weeks ago that Delia and I celebrated our anniversary, and I really haven't had a spare minute since. I'm up at 0500 to get ready for work. I get gone around 1830, make something for dinner, we watch a DVR'd program or two and unwind from the days activities, and then head to bed. Over the last couple weeks my schedule has been this: I worked 3 days, had one off, worked 4 more days, had on off and worked 4 more. So over the last 13 day I have had only a couple of days off with very little in the way of rest. So it goes I guess.

My consolation to all this is that after this up coming Wednesday I will have probably 3 weeks off due to the ankle operation. I can't wait for this. Any more, I can't move the old joint without it cracking and creaking. Its really quite disgusting to listen to, I guess. I myself am rather fascinated by it. The wife however, thinks its really gross.

With all this time off and nothing to do, I wonder if the wife really knows what she is getting in to. When I am sick I become a whiny turd. I'm grumpy, I'm selfish, and I want to be catered to. I imagine the first couple of days will be the same here. Fortunately for her, she will only be home a couple of days be fore she has to go back to work and I will be left to fend for myself.

What am I going to do with all this free time I am going to have?

Perhaps I should have taken this whole hobby hunt thing a little more seriously.

3 comments:

  1. I understand your frustration. I remember the long hours Dad worked and we didn't see him. It amazes me how long hours you and Delia work and maintain your sanity. And by the way, I don't watch soaps anymore. Haven't for years.
    Do you want some company during your recovery time? Also, do you know your surgery time yet? And where you are having it?
    We love you both! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get my email invite to come visit us at mom's house next month??? Let me know!

    I used to watch that very soap you quoted in JR High, but it seems by sometime in High School I figured out it was a huge waste of my time! But I do remember that in college some of the girls would head down to the "girls only" lounge to watch "Days" every single day. It's also where the piano was and if you even tried to play piano during days you would have been shunned! What's even more pathetic is that I think some of the same characters are still on that show since I watched it like 20 years ago! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have moments when I actually fantasize about getting some kind of injury or illness that will send me home for a couple of weeks at least. (Of course, it would have to be something that didn't disable me so much so that I could read or putter around the house. Yeah, I'm fussy that way.) If I were you, I'd stock up on some books or magazines and DVDs. And yeah, if you can figure out the hobby thing before then, that would be a fine time to get immersed.

    ReplyDelete

You went to all the trouble to get yourself here, you might as well say something about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails