Pages

May 3, 2008

Home Improvement Part 2: The Sequel

I was at work the other day talking with Cody about my patio project. He quickly volunteered, and we set up Thursday as a day to accomplish as much as we could.

The weather was perfect. It was sunny, very few clouds in the sky, and temperature was nice and warm.... somewhere in the 60's.

So we set out to make plan. We had to seal off the underside of the house and find a way to not have any dirt or sand or anything else in direct contact with the ground. The end result, heavy duty wire mesh covered in a heavy duty mylar sheet. The end result looks decent enough, and there will actually be trim over it as well.
You can see there is some actual damage to the house from what was there before, fortunately as far as I can tell, the damage is all superficial. So it will clean up nicely. So w put up the block for the gravel and then began moving three yards of gravel. I don't know if everyone know exactly how much gravel is in a yard, I think its about 8-10 wheel barrel loads. And gravel is not light. In fact, its very heavy. So this was a lot of work.
Here I am near the completion of our task. I can't thank Cody enough for his help. I don't think I would have gotten it all done by myself. The end result:

Amazingly enough, its fairly level and the frame is still square from when I set it up. Next will be the weed mat, sand and paver stones. I'm happy with the results thus far. I'm looking forward to having a nice little area in the backyard that will be goo for sitting and relaxing during the summer. So, that was the end of the work, of course, there had to be food involved.


At least one more installment to come.....

1 comment:

  1. VOR: this looks SO nice. I love the way you are going with this. It's going to be great. And I've been a part of moving gravel -- not a quick process for certain. I feel your pain! Janine

    ReplyDelete

You went to all the trouble to get yourself here, you might as well say something about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails