- The trip to Fish Lake never materialized. Apparently, that area is still very smokey, and there is a bridge that is closed. And this bridge is apparently essential to travel to and from. So instead we went to Petrolia to fish for Perch (see below).
- The Perch fishing was somewhat of an exercise in futility. It fealt as if the coastal winds were blowing at about 50 mph (which makes fishing with light tackle very difficult). After about an hour of simply losing bait to the treacherous, watery depths we decided to call it a day and do something else. At this point Cody managed to catch the only dumby in the ocean. He was a good size fish, but we ended up letting him go. Cody was more excited about the fact that he caught fish, and I did not.
- Once packed up we headed up the Mattole Valley. We went to the actual town of Petrolia, which is very small, and the even smaller town of Honeydew. It was a lengthy drive but really is quite beautiful the whole way and worth the drive it takes. In fact, it would make a wonderful day trip and there are many places to stop and have lunch. This is something I will have to store in my cranium for a later date. If the wife and I ever have the same days off I could take full advantage of that idea.
- I did take quite a few pictures of the area, nothing really spectacular, but worth a look. I will post those later tonight.
- I have spent the last 5 days working, and when I get home it seems there is very little time to myself to make a post of any sort.
So there it is. I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing that I can post a good portion of my life's activities in just a few short paragraphs. What can I say?