Pages

Sep 15, 2009

An admission of an addiction

I'm not entirely sure where the addiction began. Its all kind of fuzzy, really. Its just seems like yesterday I was not so hooked, and now I can't go a full day without a fix.

Its hard to admit really. Of course, there is the old addage (a little more on this word later), "Admitting you have a problem is the fist step to recovery."

But do I really want to recover? Do I really have a problem? It doesn't affect my home life. In fact, it really only affects at work. Don't worry, my supervisor knows of this issue. In fact, I think he is as hooked as I am.

Perhaps you are wondering what malady could afflict me so that I must blog about it?

Its a slight addiction to Crossword Puzzles.

In some of my wildest dreams I didn't ever imagine I would be addicted to crossword puzzles. This was for retired people, who sit around their kitchens in the mornings and drink coffee and talk about the weather and such.

But here I am. In fact, before I started this post I printed out todays crossword from USA Today's web site.

Yeah, I'm hooked. And Addage, as I promised I would discuss a little futher, is one of the words I have become more familliar with over the last couple of months.

And now, my crossword calls to me. And no, I don't have a problem, really.

2 comments:

  1. And isn't there something you need to tell us about Bejeweled? Hmmmmm? If you're coming clean, come all the way clean, young man.

    By the way, I am thoroughly impressed that you have been able to maintain bot your NaBloPoMo without resorting to haiku or photo essays like some of us we know. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rao at ageofgeek linked here in his post and I'm following his trail.
    http://ageofgeek.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/a-rollin-i-go/

    I used to be addicted to crosswords but I kicked it by picking up booze and substituting for morning coffee, lunch, dinner and snacks.

    A question though... isn't there one 'd' in addage? (adage)

    Nice site - I'll look around some more.

    ReplyDelete

You went to all the trouble to get yourself here, you might as well say something about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails