Pages

Sep 6, 2009

Day 1 - A little torture on the treadmill and a huge disclaimer.

And so it begins. I woke up at 1300 hrs today and headed down to the gym. One of the hardest things about going back to the gym is realizing you aren't in the shape you might have once been when you lasted made use of a rather costly, monthly membership.

Before Wife and I got married I was attending regularly, and was probably in the best shape of my life. I was running for 30 minutes solid and going through a regular weight routine. I believe the I was even called "svelt looking" by the wife on a few occasions.

Sadly, though, after the wedding, this whole plan fell to pieces and since then I have had a heck of a time trying to put it back together again. But this new plan seems pretty solid. It requires very little planning, and really the only hard part about this whole thing is going to follow through. But I'm confident right now, and Wife is hear urging me on. And so it begins.

Now, lets get to this blogging thing. NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) is a web site geared towards encouraging would-be bloggers to post something, anything, once a day for an entire month. My friend, LazyBuddhist, threw down the gauntlet and challenged me to accomplish this after reading my sniveling posts about writers block. And really, I was simply complaining, wallowing in my own misery and completely unable to set aside even 10 minutes of time in order to post something.

So here I am, day one, and the challenge has begun.

This is where the disclaimer comes in.

****DISCLAIMER****

In my half-cocked mind, I'm sure I can come up with something to post every day. Having said that, it should be noted I can not guarantee these posts will have any worth what-so-ever. Nor can I promise the content will make sense to anyone but me. Nor can I promise the content will always be kid-friendly. Follow along at your own risk.

****END DISCLAIMER****

OK. And now its on. More to follow tomorrow. This should be horribly entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Horray for you! Happy about your start of the whole exercise thing but more happy that I'll get to read more VOR! JM

    ReplyDelete

You went to all the trouble to get yourself here, you might as well say something about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails