Pages

Dec 5, 2007

I think I might be famous....


I made the news the other day.

I was at work, I had a trainee with me, and it really seemed like it was going to be a night that would drag on forever. Just one of those nights tat you don't think will ever end because it is so boring. My opinion of that night changed dramaticaly at about 2100 hours. Here is the news article that describes what happened:

The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office said two of its correctional officers were assaulted Sunday night after responding to a disturbance in a jail housing unit.An HCSO news release stated the officers were attempting to place handcuffs on an inmate when he suddenly spun around and hit one officer in the face.“The second officer attempted to restrain the inmate, Christopher Charles Matzick, 23, of Fortuna,” the news release stated. “Matzick continued to fight, striking the second officer multiple times in the head. The officer was able to draw his departmental-issued Taser and ordered Matzick to the ground. Seeing the Taser, Matzick complied and was placed in handcuffs.”Both officers were taken to a local hospital for treatment. One officer received treatment for cuts to his face and a loosened tooth. The second officer sustained injuries to his neck and back and will need further evaluation, the news release stated. Matzick has been in custody since Nov. 20, when he was arrested on suspicion of battery and public intoxication. The Sheriff’s Office stated in the release that Matzick now faces additional charges of assault with great bodily injury, assault on a peace officer, resisting/obstructing a peace officer and resisting an executive officer.He is scheduled to be arraigned on the new charges Wednesday. An arraignment occurs when a person appears before a court to be advised of pending charges, the right to counsel and the right to trial by jury.


I tried to tell the doctor that I didn't need the silly neck brace, but he didn't believe me. He also said I had to pee in a urinal. I decided to wait until I got home.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't blogging fun? I like it alot better than the easysite thing! Glad you converted!

    How's the neck now that you've had a day or two to thaw out or are you still on pain pills?

    Make sure Delia puts her two cents in every once in a while!

    love, Christy (the favorite sister)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I love the neck wear. Much more useful than a tie. --Dad

    ReplyDelete

You went to all the trouble to get yourself here, you might as well say something about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails