Pages

Dec 13, 2007

Back to work, Doctors orders.

Well, I saw the workman's comp doctor today, and sadly he said I could return to work. Oh well, I guess all good things eventually come to some sort of end. I have to say I have grown used to being home and letting Delia be the bread winner (although technically I have been getting paid the entire time I have been home).

So I am back to work tonight (as it is 2 am while I type this). Light duty is not such a bad thing, its probably the most comfortably dressed assignment there is. No boots, no silly duty belt. Its not a bad gig. But that too can't last forever. Then it will be back to full duty, and no more easy nights.

The last couple days have been pretty relaxing. The biggest thing to happen is we removed the pool table from the garage. A friend of ours was looking for one and we decided we didn't want it anymore. It was an advantageous arrangement. Over the next year we plan to renovate the garage and change it to something of a family room. We want to carpet the floor, put a false wall over the garage door, and get a nice big sectional couch. I want to put a wood stove out there, and the grand finish includes a high definition TV projector. Of course, none of this can be done right away, but we are not concerned about that. But by the end of the year, hopefully we can sit out there and watch movies on a huge screen and be warm by the fire.

So, I'm off to bed, and work tomorrow. Goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You went to all the trouble to get yourself here, you might as well say something about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails