Pages

Dec 31, 2007

I admit, I love photo's of a forest, any forest really, with the sun shining through the background. I have always like them. I think there is a certain amount symbolism that could be inferred here, but I really don't even have that in mind. I simply enjoy the way it looks. Having said that, I still don't know how to use all the features on my camera and so every photo I take leaves a little something from me to be desired. At least it gives me something to strive for.


Now, I have to say that I have a complaint to make about Flickr. For those who don't know, flickr is an online web storage for photos. Myself, being an AT&T customer, I get unlimited storage and unlimited uploads. A pretty sweat deal since I have been making a solid effort to make sure the camera goes more places with me (and that I actually use it). So I posted our photos from Jamaica. The end result? I feel violated.

Flickr, unless you specifically make your photos private and send special invites to all who you want to see them, makes your photos public for the world to see. I recently received a message from Flickr saying one of my photos had been made a favorite of someone. I checked the pic in question, and it was from the honeymoon, and of the nudists mooning us from Nudie Island as we cruised by on a catamaran. This, in and of itself was not so disturbing. But when I clicked the link to see this person's (although I think I really should say Perv's) other favorite photos, they all end up being pics of partial nudity or other suggestive themes.

Why? Why does a photo that, although it is of a bunch of nudists at a resort in another country, actually means something to me become the masturbatory catalyst of some prepubescent idiot who can't take a single picture of his own? Such is the Internet. My life for the world to see and take advantage of as needed.


So, with all that in mind, it is New Year's Eve. It will soon be 2008. I Can't say that I have any resolutions to make. I have never held a lot of stock in them, and if I did I would probably be a very poor man. Delia has to work tomorrow, and so she will be in bed early. I told Ben we could stay up late watching movies, playing video games, and simply having a guys night. I doubt, though, that he will last until midnight. On the bright side, he should sleep in nice and late tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You went to all the trouble to get yourself here, you might as well say something about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails